Pages

Tigertown + Holland + Set Sail @ The Loft.



Last night, myself and the two beautiful girls also in that photo, went to see one of my favourite bands at this adorable little jazz bar called The Loft on Chevron Island. TiGERTOWN are a family band from Melbourne and their sound is gorgeous. They make clear, honest and relatable music. They were on first and they are even more incredible in real life then they are coming from my iTunes. They were stunning, without fault and such a joy to watch.
Having seen the band we came for, the rest of the night was a pleasant surprise. Holland completely captured me. Jarryd started singing and the entire room was silent. It was such an intimate sound. I use that word to it's full extent. It was like he was singing just to you in an empty room and he just seemed like such a genuine and grateful person. He, and the whole band, seem like people I would love to spend a whole day with just talking over coffee and mellow guitar rifts. Holland, I will forever sing your praises. Come play for me all the time yeah?
Finally Set Sail came on and it was such a lively performance. They had people up dancing and the guy playing violin was just going crazy, such a good show to both watch and listen and their music was also a treat.
If you are into inidie pop music, check out each of these bands. You will not be disappointed. Also if you are in to Toowoomba area (QLD, Australia) during easter, TiGERTOWN will be playing at easterfest, so come check them out for yourself. You'll be sure to find me there.

[x] photo credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...