Pages

Hello Monday: A Snapshot of My Day.



Monday's are usually a slow start for me. This morning I slowly replied to some emails and drank coffee while snuggled up in bed (freelancers life-gotta love the 'home office'). I then ventured into town for lunch at my favourite cafe and catch ups with a good friend. We walked along the Kirra headland and I must say, the Gold Coast was looking fine today!

It's funny how some of the smallest this remind us of our childhood. When she was alive my mum's mum used to collect teaspoons like the ones pictured above. They would hang in a display cabinet on the wall of her dining room and I remember being very young and asking her where they all come from and who bought them for her. She had spoons from all over. Now my mum has these spoons, tucked safely away with all the other memories and objects that are here while my grandma is not. We had no idea what we were going to do with them, but we couldn't let them go. It wasn't until I saw them being used in this cafe that I worked out a use: I will use them to serve dessert and tea/coffee at my wedding reception. A little piece of my past scattered amongst the beginning of my future. The love of the ones who are with us no longer is the greatest legacy they leave.

Happy Monday,
S,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...